Welcome To Columbia South Carolina
Columbia SC real estate is some of the best investment property available in the state. It is important to know when choosing someone to help you with Columbia SC real estate that you find a true partner.
Today, the Columbia Metropolitan Area is home to over 200 years of history, beautiful Lake Murray, the University of South Carolina, the Army's largest training base at Fort Jackson and numerous festivals and recreational opportunities. In the Columbia, Lake Murray, Lexington SC real estate market, buying a home with the intent to fix it up is one of the best investments you can make.
Real estate agents will tell you that the best time to sell a home in the Columbia, Lake Murray, and Lexington South Carolina areas is during the late spring and early summer months.
Things You Can Do In Columbia SC
Columbia, South Carolina is a fantastic place to celebrate the Christmas holiday season. Columbia's central location between the mountains and the beach, along with wonderful family friendly attractions, make Columbia the perfect winter home. Favorite local holiday events have become annual traditions over the years, making Columbia a wonderful place to spend the holidays and celebrate this special time of year with family and friends.
1. Lights Before Christmas - Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is the host of one of Columbia's most popular annual Christmas events. Each and every year, the zoo lights up with approximately one million twinkling lights featuring magnificent light displays throughout the park. It is known as the only place in town where it snows every night. In addition, there are delicious holiday treats available for purchase. This event is fun for the entire family.
2. Holiday Lights on the River - Holiday Lights on the River features the largest drive through lights show in the Midlands. Saluda Shoals Park comes alive at night with hundreds of themed, animated light displays on a 2 mile loop. This event is a holiday favorite for many!
3. Christmas in Cayce - Christmas in Cayce is a month long celebration that features special holiday events such as a tree lighting ceremony and Christmas Caroling. Another great place to find twinkling holiday lights.
4. Columbia Christmas Pageant - First Baptist Columbia offers a unique Christmas event that has been a South Carolina family tradition since 1988. The best part? Admission to this event is free!
5. Harborside Lights - Lake Carolina hosts Harborside Lights during the holiday season featuring photos with Santa, delicious food, live music and more!
Columbia, South Carolina offers such a wide variety of Christmas festivities, that many people make a weekend getaway out of their visit to this wonderful city. Local hotels offer great discount hotel rates so that visitors can have a comfortable, affordable stay during the holiday season.
In addition to popular annual events, there are always new Christmas events and specials to look forward to in Columbia, SC. Explore this beautiful city during the holiday season to see why people return year after year to the familiar traditions that Columbia has to offer.
Additional Family Activities In Columbia South Carolina
Each and every year, the South Carolina State Fairgrounds in Columbia, SC become the home of the South Carolina State Fair. In the midst of Gamecock Football season, Halloween festivities, and holiday decorating, thousands of people make their way to Columbia, SC to enjoy the exciting entertainment that the South Carolina State Fair has to offer.
1. Fair Rides - Small children and adults alike find pure entertainment in the classic fair rides that make you spin, twirl, drop, and swing. The Tilt-A-Whirl, Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars and more come back year after year to make visitors laugh and scream as they enjoy this memorable, thrilling experience with family and friends. If you enjoy heights and great views, be sure to hop on the Ferris Wheel for a magnificent view of Williams Brice Stadium, the home of the South Carolina Gamecock Football team. While the names of the rides may change and new rides come to town, you can always count on the good old classics that have kept us entertained for as long as we can remember.
2. Fair Games - The night is not complete at the SC State Fair until you have challenged your family and friends to a squirt gun competition, balloon darts, whac-a-mole, and more! The list of games goes on and on and the prizes just get bigger and bigger. The best part? The more you win, the bigger the prize! You can spot the fair game champions walking through the fairgrounds with 4 foot tall stuffed animals strapped to their back or riding along in the stroller! Both little children and adults alike will be smiling and laughing as they take their chances at their favorite game and hope for that grand prize!
Fair Food - As soon as you park the car and start walking towards the State Fairgrounds, your senses kick in and you start craving that delicious fair food. Be sure to come hungry because there are delicious meals and special treats to keep visitors munching all night long. If you happen to be at the South Carolina State Fair during a Gamecock Football Home Game, these delicious treats make for a perfect meal before heading in to Williams Brice Stadium to cheer on the Gamecocks.
Fair Shows - The State Fair offers a variety of fascinating shows and special performances to keep visitors of all ages and interests entertained. Visitors enjoy cooking shows, animal shows, magic shows, comedy shows and special performances by a hypnotist!
Concerts - Each year, the SC State Fair attracts popular artists and musicians who perform at the Pepsi Grandstand for fair guests. From country to rock, and everything in between, these exciting performances are a must see when you visit the State Fair.
There you have it! While there may be some new rides, extra food, and different shows, the classic favorites that South Carolina State Fair visitors have come to know and love continue to come back time and time again. It has become a family tradition for many, a romantic evening for couples, and a night filled with laughter for groups of friends. Don't miss out on this exciting South Carolina annual event. Check out the State Fair and decide for yourself which treat is the most delicious, which ride is the most thrilling, and which show is the most entertaining! You might want to give yourself a couple of days in Columbia, SC to experience the State Fair. With so much to do and see, you can easily make it a weekend long event. Plan ahead and stay at a nearby hotel and get the most out of the SC State Fair and all that Columbia, SC has to offer.
Coffee is the most loved drink because of the rich aroma and delightful flavor it offers. The caffeine content also drives people to drink more coffee.
Jammin Java Music & Coffee House
The perfect place to have a cup of coffee is in Jammin Java Music & Coffee House. It is located in 1530 Main Street Columbia South Carolina. This nicest and best Columbia's coffee house is not only a coffee house but as well an art and music venue.
The Jammin Java Coffee House is committed to serve the public a complete menu. They have teas, hot and cold deli sandwiches, garden salads, soups, and entrees, various kinds of desserts and most especially specialty and gourmet coffees. And Jammin Java's coffee beverages are made of hot, iced, frappe blended; and caffeinated, decaffeinated, in whole, skinny which is made with skim milk or soy milk.
There are also souvenir items for sale available at the coffee house. These include handmade coffee mugs, sweatshirts, t-shirts, compact discs, magazines, and books. They are open to serve as venues for special events, private parties, live music and artist showcases.
And some of the artists or bands who are frequent in Jammin Java to have their live performances include Hannah Miller, Red Perspective, ZuZus Petal, Don Russo, Patrick Davis, Like Father Like Son, and more.
The coffee house is opened Monday to Friday from 7am to 3pm. It is closed every Saturday and Sunday.
Coffee Beanery Limited
The Coffee Beanery Limited is a café known for great coffee in a warm relaxing environment. It is located in 100 Columbiana Circle Columbia South Carolina. It serves specialty coffees and coffee drinks as well desserts.
The Coffee Beanery specialty coffees are developed exclusively. This means it is Right Roast Registered. Among their exceptional coffees include Flavored Coffees, Origins and Blends, and Decaf. The Flavored Coffees are basically hand flavored. They use only the finest ingredients. Their mixes do not contain alcohol, sugar and or calories.
The Origins and Blends are processed through Special Proprietary Roasting Process. This method is able to result to a roasted coffee that consists of best quality, Right Roast. And their Decaf Coffees are processed through the Swiss Water Process and thus the coffee does not contained chemicals at all.
Some of the top favorites of Coffee Beanery are the Cafe Carmel, Amaretto, Banana Nut Cream, Chocolate Raspberry, Cinnamon Holiday Blend, Double Dutch Fudge, Michigan Cherry, Sinful Sundae, Espresso, Colombian Supremo, Breakfast Blend, Beanery Blend Decaf, Butter Rum Decaf, Crème Brulee Decaf, English, and Toffee & Cream Decaf.
The Coffee Beanery also offers merchandise at affordable prices such as mugs, teapots, gift sets, and coffee makers and accessories.
Iron Brew Coffee
The Iron Brew Coffee situated in 1047 Berea Road Columbia South Carolina is distinguished for small batches of wholesale or retail of Arabica beans. Such coffee beans Check Out Your URL described as smooth, aromatic, and rich in flavor.
This Iron Brew Coffee employs the very old methods of roasting their coffee in batches. The methods ensure that the essential oils are captured from the hand picked, naturally processed beans.
List of Things To Do In Columbia SC:
North Springs Park
Carolina Children's Garden
Ridgewood Park Community Center
Sharpe Road Park
Historic Sligh "Rose Cottage" Cemetery
Need Air Conditioning Service While In Columbia South Carolina
Evans Heating & Cooling
1232 Rose St B
Elgin SC 29045